Firing up your oven is honestly half the work for this paleo gingerbread cake. The recipe is quick, simple and fool-proof. Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make!
- Prepare for Baking: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg followed by the maple syrup, coconut oil, molasses and vanilla until smooth.
- Add Flours: Hold a large fine mesh sieve over the bowl and sift in the almond flour and coconut flour.
- Add Remaining Dry Ingredients: Stir in the baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until combined.
- Bake: Transfer the batter into the baking pan and smooth the top. Bake in a preheated oven for 16-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let Cool: Remove the pan from the oven and let the cake cool completely before frosting.
HOW TO MAKE THE MAPLE FROSTING:
This frosting is so easy to throw together, I could do it in my sleep! It’s a great recipe for any baker to have in their back pocket.
Combine Ingredients: Beat together all the frosting ingredients.
ASSEMBLING YOUR CAKE
Last but not least, you have to put your masterpiece together.
- Top Cake with Frosting: Use an offset spatula to spread your frosting over the cooled cake.
- Garnish & Serve: Sprinkle the top of the frosted cake with cinnamon or chopped nuts, cut it into servings and enjoy!